Sony is offering a system software update for Digital Motion Picture Camera VENICE “MPC-3610”.
Sony highly recommends this firmware update for immediate installation on all VENICE systems to ensure highest performance.
In order to update to Version 4.00, VENICE requires an internal hardware modification by Sony Service or authorized partners.
Please contact Sony sales representative or dealers for updating procedures.
Digital Motion Picture Camera VENICE “MPC-3610”
Applicable system software version
The applicable products have system software version “Ver.3.00” or earlier.
After updating, the system software version will be “Ver.4.00”.
Contents of update
1. Support of High Frame Rates
The following expansion of the imager mode frame rates (FPS) are supported by installing the optional High Frame Rate License (CBKZ-3610H/HM/HW).
6K 3:2: 26 to 60 fps
4K 4:3: 49 to 60, 66, 72, 75 fps
4K 17:9: 66, 72, 75, 88, 90, 96, 100, 110 fps
4K 2.39:1: 120 fps
2. Support of RM-B170, RCP-1501 or other remote control units for Live Production applications
3. Support of Rec.2020/HLG_Rec.2100 combination for HDR productions when RM/RCP Paint Control is set to “On”
4. Support of Pure-P output via the Monitor output
5. Support of extended Metadata
The following metadata has been added to RAW, X-OCN, and XAVC recording.
Lens distortion and shading metadata are recorded, compatible with Cooke’s /i third generation metadata technology (/i3) and ZEISS eXtended Data Technology.
6. Support of additional functions for Assign Buttons A/B/C on the DVF-EL200 viewfinder
7. Support of selection for either the Top or Side 4pin Lens interface
When Project frame rate is 29.97 and 59.94 and AXS recording, sometimes Audio noise occurs in playback. That audio noise is playback issue and recorded audio is fine. This trouble could be solved by power ON/OFF. We are going to release updated firmware which solves this later.
By downloading the above files, you agree to our terms and conditions.